Upgrading to DDEX 1.0
On December 19, 2018, we released a major upgrade for DDEX showcasing a wealth of new features and benefits to our users across the entire platform. This is largely driven by upgrading onto the new Hydro Smart Contracts.
As a current DDEX user, what do I need to do to trade on the new DDEX?
For current DDEX users, the only thing you will need to do is to re-enable tokens.
Note - For our API traders, the API trading interface has changed. We’ve prepared a full API upgrade guide
What are the important dates to know?
Here’s a quick snapshot of the timeline:
- Public Beta: DDEX 1.0 on Hydro opened to public 12/19/2018
- Mobile points to DDEX 1.0 on 12/19/2018
- DDEX.io will point to the new DDEX 1.0 on 12/26/2018
- The old version of DDEX will be taken offline at 11:59 PM PT 12/31/2018
As of 12:01 AM PT 1/1/2019, we’ll be officially migrated over!
Will things be drastically different on the new version?
Our experienced users should still feel right at home, though we’ve added a few bells and whistles. Here are 5 major upgrades users will immediately notice:
- New “Market Order” option is now fully supported on DDEX
- A more flexible and improved fee structuring
- Filling multiple orders at a time now functions flawlessly. Completely solved a previous problem we referred to as price improvement.
- Slightly reduced gas fees
- A shiny and smooth new user interface
What else do I need to know?
A few quick notes:
- We will cancel all orders on the old version of DDEX on 12/31/2018
- If you use the DDEX browser wallet, it will migrate over seamlessly. Regardless, as always, you should make sure you still have your wallet backed up!
- Since we are still a non-custodial exchange, your assets will flow seamlessly to the new version. Token enabling is really the only thing you’ll have to do.
Can I access the old version of DDEX?
If for some reason you need to access the old version of DDEX (using 0x smart contracts), we will continue to keep it alive and available for users until 12/31/2018.
What about mobile users?
The new version for iOS and Android will be launched shortly after the web version. All your wallets and such will stay the same, you’ll just need to re-enable tokens.
I have never used DDEX, can I try the new version?
Absolutely! This is a great time to start. We introduced a brand new user on-boarding process to make getting started as simple as possible.
You mentioned more features and stuff… Tell me more!
Here’s a larger list of features and improvements you’ll see in DDEX 1.0:
- Market Order Capability
- Market Maker Rebates
- Improved fee structure: asymmetrical fee structure for maker and taker
- Wallet Connect
- Price Improvement
- Gas optimization
- Order Expiration option
- EIP712 - readable signature format for improved security and usability
- New trading interface
- Upgraded structure gives us a ton of room for more improvements in the future
How do I know that the new smart contract is safe?
The Hydro Protocol smart contract is completely open sourced and professionally audited.
SECBIT, one of the best Smart Contract Security Audit firms in Asia performed the audit report on Hydro Protocol and MultiSig Wallet.
We’re excited to move forward into 2019. As always, if you have any questions we’re always happy to discuss in greater detail anytime.