In order to securely trade TRX for other tokens in a decentralized environment without a third party holding your TRX, users need to first "wrap" TRX into W-TRX.
TRX and W-TRX are always exchanged at a 1:1 ratio (you do not need to worry about price fluctuations).
Why do you need WTRX (WTRX)?
Wrapping TRX allows you to trade TRX on DDEX. While other tokens have functions built into them specifically so that they can be traded in a decentralized environment, TRX does not adhere to these standards and thus cannot be traded in this manner.
WTRX stays in your wallet throughout trading, and can be converted back and forth between TRX and WTRX at anytime. So it's almost like trading TRX directly.
How to Wrap TRX into WTRX with DDEX wallet app?
- First, you need more than 10 TRX in your Tron wallet for gas fee cost.
- Click "TRX" on the "Exchanges" page.
- Then chick "Wrap TRX".
- Enter a wrap amount, then click the "Wrap TRX" button.
- Wrapping TRX will take a minute to confirm. Wait a moment please.
How to unwrap WTRX into TRX with DDEX wallet app?
- First, you need enough TRX in your wallet for gas fee.
- Click "WTRX" on the "Exchanges" page.
- Then chick "Unwrap WTRX".
- Enter a unwrap amount, then click the "Unwrap WTRX" button.
- Unwrapping WTRX will take a minute to confirm. Wait a moment please.